Looking for new ways to get in shape? Followed every trend and all you have to show is a home gym full of gimmicks? Or maybe you’ve entered the fitness zone with intentions for success, only to injury yourself early on? Well if you’ve fallen off the proverbial horse, now it’s time to visit the Back Pain Clinic Belleville! Chiropractic care is currently considered an essential service – but I’m guessing you already knew that.
In addition to spinal adjustments and x-rays, Dr. Fast specializes in creating personalized fitness plans for his patients. Check out our list of the best ways to get in shape:
- Wearable Technology: includes fitness trackers, smart watches, heart rate monitors, and GPS tracking devices. Using technology to write exercise programs and nutrition plans helps Dr. Fast to participate in his patients’ health and wellness. These devices help prevent patients from overtraining, as well as monitoring diet and exercise compliance.
- Bodyweight Training: Bodyweight training uses minimal equipment. Most chiropractors use Thera-Band tools like the new CLX bands (continuous loop bands), stability balls, and unstable surfaces for balance training. These are low cost tools that all patients can do at home when starting a new program.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT involves short bursts of activity followed by a short period of rest or recovery. These exercise programs are usually performed in less than 30 minutes. In addition to chiropractic care, Dr. Fast wants to help patients lower their risk of cardiovascular disease – by starting and maintaining an exercise plan. Part of treatment means being a resource to execute a health plan for the future. Opt for the low impact options to prevent injury.
- Strength Training. It’s a fact that as we age, we lose muscle mass, have bone loss, increase fat and decreased lung capacity. Understanding sets, reps, rest periods and total volume for strength training is important. Incorporating strength training progressions and sequences of exercise will help achieve goals and are essential components of a complete program of aerobic exercise and flexibility.
- Nutrition. Delivering active care and diet recommendations continues to be key to fitness success. Whether it’s vitamins, supplements or “plain,ole’” healthy eating, tailoring weight loss programs to patient’s needs can greatly impact everything from weight to energy levels. For example. the trendy Keto diet could shift more towards eating mostly a vegetarian diet and supplement it with meat, poultry and fish.
- Yoga. Names like Power Yoga, Yoga Works, Hot Yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Kundalini, Sivananda and others should become familiar to you as yoga comes in as many varieties as bread! For busy patients who don’t have time to go to a yoga studio, purchase an app to do at least 2-3 times a week at home.